Sunday, March 9, 2014

We are calling her

Esme these days, and it seems to be sticking comfortably. Our little guppy is quickly growing into a little girl, nearly 20 weeks along. 20 weeks to go, and my pregnancy so far has been pretty easy. A little tired (ok, some days a 3-hour nap was in order) and a little nauseous in the first 12 weeks, but not so much that anyone could guess my secret. We didn’t go public until 16 weeks, and now at 5 months I am starting to show enough for people who know to comment that I am finally looking a little pregnant.  I feel like she is growing very fast now, and  she moves a lot. Today I could feel the movement with my hand on the outside for the first time. I felt the first flutters deep inside at around 13 weeks. The internets say this week she’s about 17cm and 285 grams, about the length of a banana from head to rump (arms and legs are extra). I am not fond of bananas, so I’ll think perfect zucchini size.

2 comments: